WD-40 is the Trademark name of a lubricant, penetrating oil & water-displacing spray. It was developed in 1953 by Dr Norm Larsen in USA.
"WD-40", abbreviated from the phrase "Water Displace", 40th formula, was originally designed to repel water & prevent corrosion. Picture shown is the latest 277ml embossed can, made in USA.
The long-term active ingredient is a non-volatile, viscous oil which remains on the surface, providing lubrication & protection from moisture.
The 5 Basic Functions
- Lubricates: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all movingparts.
- Cleans: WD-40 gets under dirt, grime and grease to clean. It also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, stickers, and excess bonding material.
- Protects: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.
- Penetrates: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
- Displaces Moisture: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.
Besides the above, WD-40 also used to :
- Protect silver from tarnishing
- Remove road tar & grime from cars
- Clean & lubicate guitar strings
- Gives floor that "Just-Waxed" sheen w/o making it slippery
- Keeps flies off cows
- Restore & clean chalkboards
- Loosens stubburn zippers
- Untangles jewelry chains
- Remove stains from stainless steel sinks
- Remove tomato stains from clothings
- Carmouflages scratches in ceramic & marble floors
- Keep scissors working smoothly
- Lubrcates noisy door hinges on vehicles & doors in house
- Lubricates tracks & sliding doors & make them easier to open
- Lubricates & stops squeaks in ceiling fans
- Keeps rust from forming on saws & saw blades
- Keeps pigeons off from the balcony ( they hate the smell)
- Cleans & removes love bugs from grills & bumpers
- Lubricates the fan belts and car distributor cap, as it displace the moisture & allow the car to start
- Keeps the bathroom mirrors from fogging
- Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing
- Keeps glass shower door free from water spots
- Restores & cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles
- Remove all traces of duct tape.